cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkM1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Shifting to Debug Perspective and Back in TOS corrupts Run View

I am using Talend Open Studio v8.0.1.20211109_1610.

If I am in the Run View Debug Tab, and start a Java Debug session, it shifts to the Debug Perspective. When I come back out, the Run View is corrupted:

0695b00000lwiTzAAI.png

I can make it have multiple of those Debug portions by clicking of the Debug Run tab and back to it, then switch to the Debug Perspective and back.

0695b00000lwiVbAAI.png

The only way to fix the Run View is to delete and re-open it from the Window menu. It is quite annoying to have to fix the Run View every time I want to debug a process.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Mark Murphy​ 

That is a bug on v8 of Studio.

There is another topic on this forum with a workaround: https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D55b00008sxcGGCAY?language=en_US

As an secondary alternative, what I usually do is close Run View and then open it again on Window menu -> Show view.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

We made a testing on V 8.0.1 and this issue can be reproduced from our end. Feel free to let us know if the workaround/alternative solution (Start JAVA debug and then return to DI perspective) is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

MarkM1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The problem occurs when I start Java debug and return to the DI perspective. The only workaround is to delete the run view and recreate it. That is a big pain, and needs to be fixed.

We will probably just stick with v7.3 until v8 is more stable.

JSpence1684138720
Contributor
Contributor

Any update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to close Run View and then open it again on Window menu -> Show view to see if it works for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

MarkM1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I mentioned in the question, and my previous response, that fixes the view, but it is quite annoying to have to re-load the view every time I debug a program, so while it is a workaround, it is one of those things that will need fixing before I switch wholesale to v8.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As Talend Open Studio products will not be patched, and we will be discontinuing the open-source product: Talend Open Studio, effective January 31, 2024, you could go to the Talend Trial Experience and request an account to download your free trial. The Talend Trial Experience will automatically provision the platform and allow you access to the download of Talend Studio for your evaluation and testing.

Best regards

Sabrina