cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkM1
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I format body for tREST post?

I am trying to connect to the Quickbooks API, I have worked through the OAUTH2 negotiation, and can make a single get request to work, but a POST to retrieve a list of accounts fails.

This is what I'm doing:

0695b00000qkuQ0AAI.png

0695b00000qktk0AAA.png

0695b00000qkuPrAAI.png

When run, this results in:

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------.

|                                               tLogRow_1                                               |

|=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------=|

|Body                                                                                           |ERROR_CODE|

|=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------=|

|{"Fault":{"Error":[{"Message":"Error parsing query","Detail":"QueryParserError: null","code":"4000","element":"Query"}],"type":"ValidationFault"},"time":"2023-10-23T08:40:40.002-07:00"}|400    |

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------'

It seems to me that the body is not being encoded properly, but I can't determine the correct format for the body. The Query string works correctly in Postman, I copied it directly.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Creator III
Creator III

Hello @Mark Murphy​ 

I haven't never used Quickbooks API, but looking into its doc it seems you should set the "Content type" header as "text/plain" and the HTTP Method would be GET instead of POST:

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/companyinfo#query-companyinfo

MarkM1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Turns out that POST is correct here, but I needed "Content-Type" = "application/text"