Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpha549
Creator II
Creator II

Open Studio for ESB : Select a context when building a job (REST API)

Hello everyone,

I use Open Studio for ESB, and I noticed that when I build a REST API job, I can't choose the context to use, on the contrary to a normal data integration job.

I can see my contexts files when I explore the built jar. However, I didn't find somewhere setting that this or that context is used during runtime.

I could set the same value for all my context files in the jar, but I would like to know how it works in detail.

Thank you 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no "Context Scripts" option when you choose export type as OSGi bundle(deploy job into runtime).

Feel free to let us know if this related topic help: https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCjCNCA0/how-to-change-context-values-of-a-deploye...

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend open studio for ESB version/edition you are?

Would you mind posting your trouble screenshots here? Are you trying to build a REST API job(data service Job) as a Standalone Job or an OSGI Bundle For ESB?

Note that data service Jobs that include the tRESTRequest component can only be built as OSGI Bundle For ESB . If the data service Job includes the tRESTClient or tESBConsumer component, and none of the Service Registry, Service Locator or Service Activity Monitor is enabled in the component, the data service Job can be built as OSGI Bundle For ESB or Standalone Job. With the Service Registry, Service Locator or Service Activity Monitor enabled, the data service Job including the tRESTClient or tESBConsumer component can only be built as OSGI Bundle For ESB.

For more information, please refer to this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: building-jobs

Best regards

Sabrina

Alpha549
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Sabrina,

My Open Studio for ESB version is 8.0.1.20211109_1610.

here is a screenshot of the windows, when I want to build the REST API job : as an OSGI build

0695b00000Uw13WAAR.png 

However, I can't choose the context to use.

For this job, I have 3 contexts : Default, DEV and PROD.

For a normal job, I can choose the context, but not here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no "Context Scripts" option when you choose export type as OSGi bundle(deploy job into runtime).

Feel free to let us know if this related topic help: https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCjCNCA0/how-to-change-context-values-of-a-deploye...

Best regards

Sabrina