Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

document chaining qlik sense

Hi All -

I created a similar post to "New to Qlik Sense" but no luck there. I was hoping my question is suitable to place in this thread.

I have 2 separate apps (although similar data with common field names) and would like to pass filter pane values from one app to another. I followed this guideline from Ajay (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Document-Chaining-in-Qlik-Sense/tac-p/...).

I have it all set up exactly how he instructs in his thread but once I click my newly set up button to send values through the filter pane to another app, I get a Qlik Sense error (The resource could not be found). I also noticed the URL I grab from the dev hub shoots me to an actual web page. I also noticed when I play with my URL it actually does send me to the sheet of the app I wanted, but I see no values passed over. On top, the pivot table is static and will not scroll up or down.

Are there any extensions that stays within Qlik Sense? Hoping someone can route me to the right direction with my problem.

Much appreciated.

Labels (2)
14 Replies
124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

quick update - I am testing 3 filter panes and it seems that one of the filter panes is working very well. I have 2 other filter panes that are not working. After testing the non-working filter panes individually it doesnt seem to take it into account for some reason.. I have filter panes - Year, State, Account

State filter pane is passing the value but my Year and Account filter pane is not working at all.. a bit lost on how that can happen especially if one of the filter panes are working fine.

124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

All, I have now got the document chaining to work exactly how I expected. Big shout out to Ajay and Lironbaram for helping me out with this. Just a quick pointers and what I've learned to help out others who will be needing to implement this moving forward..

- Document chaining is very useful to avoid bringing in tons of data and instead keeping your model simple by creating multiple apps and switching back and forth by having pre-selected filter pane values pass those values to the next app.

- When using the URL, make sure to grab the URL from the web browser version

- I've done many readings on document chaining up to this point and realized many other users had their web browser url include the '/state/analysis' piece whereas I did not have that. I simply added that string onto my URL by using an '&'

- This one is key - your filter pane values will not pass if the column/field name is not the same. I did a quick test just to make sure and I believe that is how it behaves. E.g. if you have a column name [Calendar Year] in one app and [CY] in another app, the document chaining will not work. You must either rename the field name in either APP1 or APP2 so that it matches. There will be some clean up needed but wanted to point this one out as well. 

- My app currently is pushing filter pane values to a granular table to a second app with many filters. I'm not sure what the limit is but so far, for my needs, the limit doesn't seem to be a problem going against the syntax - GetCurrentSelections(']/select/','/[','];[',50) & ']'

Thank you all for chiming in and helping me stimulate my brain to figure this problem out. I wish Qlik would have something similar out of the box in its next version but this will do for now! 

Keshaw
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi

I have been trying to implement the same functionality to pass more than 50 selections from one app to another  by the steps mentioned by you and by Ajay and Lironbaram but to no avail.

I want to pass multiple filters with various selections but the navigation occurs only for limited number of selections...Beyond that it says the URL is not found. I am using qliksense enterprise edition.

Please let me know if this can be helped.

Skashid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @ajaykakkar93 ,

Firstly thanks a lot for sharing the document chaining steps they helped a lot.

I too have  similar requirement which @Keshaw  has stated  where need to pass multiple filters.

but after executing the steps  i get an error which says "Request URL TOO Long"

can you please help on this one like how we can overcome the limited number of selections

markperrone
Contributor III
Contributor III

The URL method is not reliable.  Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  The only solution is to have Qlik change enterprise to match what Cloud does.