Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frédéricdh
Creator
Creator

Using an Input Box for Script

Hello,

I'm using an InputBox to use the variable in the script, but the variable in the Input Box is defined with an function expression as 'Num(GetFieldSelections(X))' and then in the script Qlik use the text of the function and not the value of the function.

What must I do, to have only a value

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Frédéricdh
Creator
Creator
Author

What is a UI?

marcus_sommer

Meant is the user-interface respectively the surface on which all your sheets and objects are. As far as a reload is triggered the UI is removed as well as the underlying data-model and the data. Only script-parts and information which sheets/objects with which properties exists are persisting and are rebuild against the updated data-model if the reload has finished. 

Frédéricdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, I don't understand the part with "Only script-parts and information which sheets/objects with which properties exists are persisting"

Frédéricdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus,

I found a solution in the name of a Button and then I make two actions a Set Variable and a Reload.

And in the script, I wrote this var = $(vvar) and it works

Does that illustrate your comment?

marcus_sommer

It means by a reload all data and with it the data-model are dropped and with it also the possibility to access any calculated results against the data as well as accessing any sheets or objects.

You could comprehend it by opening an application per start-window without data and then storing the application in this state. Then go per file-explorer to the application and you will see that the file has just a few KB (mainly caused by the xml-overhead - the real information is much smaller) and opening the file per editor. That are the available information for the application if a reload is started.

marcus_sommer

Yes, of course that's a simple way to write a fixed value into the application-properties and should be working as far as you could perform the reload directly afterwards or if the application could be saved with it.

I didn't thought on it because I don't use such things in an active way else only automated and all needed information will be written/exported in any kind of files.

AT_7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you fine solution for this. I am working on something similar but donno how to fix