Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Section access table rows limit

Hello
I'm working on Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch1 version
In previous version (can't remember which) there was a limitation for section access table to hold 1 million records maximum
Now
I got in my schema a huge link-table which is connected to several fact tables
in this table I'm creating a field named SECURITY_KEY 
ex:
Project, Resource, Month_Year, SECURITY_KEY
P1, R1, 202401, AUTONUMBER(Project & Resource)
P1, R1, 202402
P1, R1, 202403

in this case above the seucrity_key values will be let's say 23,23,23
so in the section access table suppose a user can see data related to P1, and R1, then there will be one record for this user
ex:

ACCESS, USERID, SECURITY_KEY
USER, domain\user1, 23

now there is a requirement that says that users can see data related to P1, and R1 by period
suppose user1 can see data for P1 and R1 for all months, then in the section access he will have 3 records which is the distinct combinations of all possible security keys in the link table

my question here the section access table will grow immensely in size (no of rows)
would section access still function? because in previous versions of Qlik sense there was a limitation of 1 million records for the section access table.

you may tell me test it to see, but the thing is that I cannot check so many cases
Kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that a valide testing would be possible even with such large section access table by checking a few users from the start/mid/end of the access-table which should exclude that any of them are ignored (completely excluding or having full access) even if the script doesn't return any error.

Beside of this I'm not sure that such granular section access is sensible at all - because who could really define it with such details? I think it would be helpful to apply the access to higher groupings of the related fields - maybe by an extra load-layer which mapped it to the link-table, for example replacing the period-listing of YYYYMM just to a 0/1 flag.