cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichter14
Creator
Creator

Searching text for starts with QC ends with # and nothing else

I'm having a really hard time putting this together.  I have a comment 'text' field.   Which means the substring could be anywhere in the field (beginning, middle, end) or it could be a single 'word' or textbetween isn't working.  Essentially what I'd like to pull is ANY portion of the substring, that starts with the letters 'QC' and ends with a number.  I don't want QC by itself, or QC- or QC/ or QC with a space.

Example:                                                          include/exclude                                                   result

'QC'                                                                    - exclude no number                                           -

'QCYE2020'                                                     -include has QC and # at end                           QCYE2020

'QCSEP2020'                                                 -include has QC and # at end                            QCSEP2020

'The data had QC and others'                 -exclude no number                                            -

The data has QC/Example                        -exclude no number                                            -

'The data ends in QC'                                 -exclude no number                                             -

'The data has QCOCT2020 in the middle'         -include has QC and # at end              QCOCT2020

'or the end QC5'                                                          -include has QC and # at end               QC5

'QC4 at the beginning'                                            -include has QC and # at end                QC4

Ideas, suggestions, possible topic post links I've not found yet?

Thank you so much!

0 Replies