cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcoleman0908
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

RangeSum using RowNo is not resetting in a table as the dimension changes

Were trying to calculate hours accumulated across the Fiscal_QTR field.

When the Fiscal_QTR field changes, the hours needs to reset and start accumulating again. The image on the left is what is returning from the line of code below.

RangeSum(above(Sum(Hours Amount]),0,RowNo()))

The line on the right is what I expected, to restart from 1 as the Fiscal_QTR changes.

The ultimate goal is to add up cumulative hours  restarting as the Fiscal_QTR field changes. Below I'm showing a table as an example but ideally I want to visualize as a Qlik Sense line chart that shows across Fiscal_QTR's.

wcoleman0908_5-1712940929513.png

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If i understand correctly, You want to repeat the sequence based on Fiscal QTR. 

1. Why can't be Right([Fiscal QTR], 1) // this is simplest solution.

2. You can create a field like

AutoNumber([Fiscal QTR], IterNo())

etc.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Within a table you may add the year as dimension but I assume in a line-chart it won't lead to the wanted visualization. But the second/third parameter of the above could be expressions / references and therefore the years and quarters could be queried. You may approach the needed above() values by just querying the years/quarters in parallel expressions.