Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense button behavior

Hello, 

A bit at a loss while trying to implement a specific set of actions on a button click. 

I have a table, i have some filters that can be applied. I have a button that selects just the ID after filters are selected and clear the rest of the filters. I want yet another button that does the opposite. It needs to exclude from the selected accounts from the previous selection. Using 'select exclusion' works, but for the whole table. The previous selection is overwritten. 

As in the picture attached, i want to use the filters to get a subset of the 7 ids already selected. Let's say number 1 and 3. The Exclude selection button should exclude 1 and 3 and lock the final selection to 2,4,5,6,7. At the moment it returns all IDs in the table(which ar emore than 7) except 1,3.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you can create a test file, that demonstrate the issues. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have created a test app. My data contains 1000 TransIDs as seen in the initial stage file. 
The Select button has the actions captured in the select button1 and select button2 files. 

This button work as intended as it locks out the ID after the initial selection has been made, as seen also form the select button behavior file. 

ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The Exclude button has the action seen in the exclude button file. 

Applying the filters shown in the second selection file will show a sub-set of the initial selection. 

However, the exclude button reverts to the whole list of TransIDs as seen in the exclude button behavior file.

Desired output would be the one contained in the desired output file. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It will be good, if you can share with scram data in QVF, so we will try the needs.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Trying to. Let me know if that worked.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Great, Now please explain. 

Example, you have two buttons, When you use first button it selects all TransID and when you use second button what you expect? 

ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The Exclude button has the action seen in the exclude button file. 

Applying the filters shown in the second selection file will show a sub-set of the initial selection. 

However, the exclude button reverts to the whole list of TransIDs as seen in the exclude button behavior file.

Desired output would be the one contained in the desired output file. 

ValentinN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Anyone can at least tell me if this is even possible in Qlik or i should start looking for alternative solutions in order to reach the desired output? 

Thank you!