How to add the hyperlink to this table?

Certified QS BA / DA Developer
Looking for the QS workaround for missing object properties
Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

The new straight table is not currently meant to replace the existing table 1:1. Qlik has stated that more functionality will be added in the future, and eventually it should act as a replacement, but that's not the case at this time.

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So right now I'm in position to choose between having the ('Chart exploration', width change) and having the 'URL'

More confusion... thanks to creation of the 'other' straight table

Or
MVP
MVP

That is indeed the case (some of us also have to pick between the new straight table and assorted extensions). Personally, I'd rather have the option to use the new straight table even in its "partial" form than not have it at all until it's 100% ready to replace the existing object. A choice is better than no choice.

You might want to take notice of other limits to the current Straight Table relative to the existing table, including, as far as I know:

* Limit on column width - can't go below 100 pixels

* No formatted export to Excel

* No option to freeze the first column or control the scroll / column picker setting, though the latter isn't that important with the Chart Exploration available

* No control over text wrapping

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I cannot agree as for over 2-3 years I've been using the VizLib extensions to be able to achieve some dashboards
After over 10 releases of the QS I cannot see any progress in terms of the available properties on the available objects - please check the 'collecting feedback ideas' section w/ the posts created 3 years ago related to the basic functionalities

I don't want to rely on the 3rd party unstable objects

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't work for Qlik, and sadly, I have no control over what they choose to add to their objects. I would be inclined to agree that the Ideation section doesn't seem to shift Qlik's priorities much if at all. I don't think you'll achieve much talking about it here, though - contacting your Qlik partner / seller / distributor might have more of an impact.

Some things that have been added in the past ten versions or so (maybe a little more - I don't keep exact track):

Pivot table - sort by first measure

Improved styling for almost every object

new Straight Table object

Improved filter pane (This one I quite approve of - the new one is so much better than the original)

Export to Excel with formatting (Yes, this should have been available from day 1, but at least it's there now)

Charts in tooltips (Sadly, tooltips still have too short a timer which reduces the value of this)

If you aren't happy with the options supplied by Qlik but would prefer to remain with the product, you always have the option to use third-party extensions. Near as I can tell, the major ones are quite stable and have been for several years. You also have the option to develop your own extensions, which means stability would only be up to you.