Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

How to mark specific points in a line chart?

Hello, 

so i have a line chart, where i should sales and stores.... there are over 200 stores.

I deleted the labels of the x axis, but I would just like to mark some specific points, let say, that i would like to mark the first 15 stores as a, the following 45 as b and then c... they are sorted according to the sum of sales... how could i do that?

thanks

3 Replies
anat
Master
Master

If(aggr(rank(sum(sal) , store)<=15, a, 

If(aggr(rank(sum(sal) , store) >15 and aggr(rank(sum(sal) , store) <=45, b, c)) 

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

but where do i write that formula?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Nemo1 

I'm not quite following what you are aiming for here. You say it is a line chart, but you are showing stores? Line charts should only be used when you have a continuous numeric dimension, such as date.

Your best bet for marking values on a chart is probably to use the Colour property, under the Appearance menu, with an expression something like:

if(rank(TOTAL sum(Sales),2,1)/count(TOTAL DISTINCT StoreNo) <= 0.1, rgb(180,0,0),
if(rank(TOTAL sum(Sales),2,1)/count(TOTAL DISTINCT StoreNo) <= 0.3, rgb(0,180,0), rgb(0,0,180)))

That is assuming the categorization is as per your other ticket? If not, remove the division and compare the rank values to 15 and 45 accordingly.

stevedark_0-1708331734840.png

Hope that helps.

Steve