Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryonCobb26
Contributor
Contributor

How do I create an automation that will update values in a table?

I am attempting to implement a writeback function. First, I am attempting to link an input box to individual values in a table. My ultimate goal is to select a value in the table, type a new value in the input box, click a button and the value with be updated in the selected table..

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xolink1389
Creator
Creator

you may try use the partial reload this is very useful to change values quick on qlik but it have limitations

Partial Reload 

as i know you cant use inputs on qlik so, i order to solve this, i connect qliksense to my google drive files in order to use google sheets, so in a sheet u can create a format as you wish to put values and them load that file into the script, i used this solution to create and adjust format in a report from qlik, but first you must create the connetion into you drive files.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xolink1389
Creator
Creator

you may try use the partial reload this is very useful to change values quick on qlik but it have limitations

Partial Reload 

as i know you cant use inputs on qlik so, i order to solve this, i connect qliksense to my google drive files in order to use google sheets, so in a sheet u can create a format as you wish to put values and them load that file into the script, i used this solution to create and adjust format in a report from qlik, but first you must create the connetion into you drive files.

Xolink1389
Creator
Creator

if you want other user update the values by the own, remember that  they must have a profesional license in order to update app on qlik, analyzer license user, cant do that

BryonCobb26
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you, this was exactly what I needed!