cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscar_olaya
Partner - Contributor III

Graphic help in Qlik Sense

Hello, is it possible to create this chart in Qlik Sense?
Important, the PPP and E measures are shown by year, but the 'Series 1' measure is required to be shown by month, shown in the image other blue circles (vertical).

Best regards, I appreciate the support!

oscar_olaya_1-1708539951571.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ho @oscar_olaya 

Yes.

It's a relatively simple scatter graph, I think. The tricky bit is getting the data in the right shape first.

You will want to have a single Y value to add up, and the Year as a measure on the X axis and then a single dimension that has all three types in it. The colour would then be provided by an expression in the colour field.

So, you will need to get your data into a table like this:

stevedark_0-1708809803674.png

You will probably need to use the CONCATENATE function to build that table and get the Dimension field by &ing together the various parts.

Once the data are like that, use Dimension as the chart dimension, the measure on the Y axis is sum(Value) and on the X axis it is max(Year). This should then put the points in the right place.

To get the colour you will need to colour by expression and do:

=pick(match(Type, 'PPP', 'E', 'Series 1'), rgb(190,0,0), rgb(0,190,0), rgb(0,0,190))

Actually, setting up a master dimension for Type and setting colours and Colour by Dimension might work just as well.

The problem that you will have with this, and I don't know of a way around it, is that you will not be able to have a legend with the colours in the chart itself. You could have a separate chart which has the same colours with a legend, or worst case scenario create an image with the legend on and show it in a separate object (Buttons work quite well for this, better than the text/image object).

Hope that all makes sense and allows you to get what you need from this.

Cheers,
Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
oscar_olaya
Author

@stevedark Hi! Greetings! For this case, do you have any ideas? Thank you!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ho @oscar_olaya 

Yes.

It's a relatively simple scatter graph, I think. The tricky bit is getting the data in the right shape first.

You will want to have a single Y value to add up, and the Year as a measure on the X axis and then a single dimension that has all three types in it. The colour would then be provided by an expression in the colour field.

So, you will need to get your data into a table like this:

stevedark_0-1708809803674.png

You will probably need to use the CONCATENATE function to build that table and get the Dimension field by &ing together the various parts.

Once the data are like that, use Dimension as the chart dimension, the measure on the Y axis is sum(Value) and on the X axis it is max(Year). This should then put the points in the right place.

To get the colour you will need to colour by expression and do:

=pick(match(Type, 'PPP', 'E', 'Series 1'), rgb(190,0,0), rgb(0,190,0), rgb(0,0,190))

Actually, setting up a master dimension for Type and setting colours and Colour by Dimension might work just as well.

The problem that you will have with this, and I don't know of a way around it, is that you will not be able to have a legend with the colours in the chart itself. You could have a separate chart which has the same colours with a legend, or worst case scenario create an image with the legend on and show it in a separate object (Buttons work quite well for this, better than the text/image object).

Hope that all makes sense and allows you to get what you need from this.

Cheers,
Steve