cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladislav_qv_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III

ErrorMode when task runs in QMC

Is there any difference between errormode=1 and errormode=2 when you run a task in QMC through a system user?

I want to intentionally  get an error in my script, when a condition is met. It looks like:

IF a=b THEN

write error message (just text inside the script that causes the error)

END IF

By default ErrorMode equals 1, but in some cases (maybe when other tasks are running at the same time, I don't understand exactly why), QMC doesn't generate DocumentLog (and I really need it to analyze further) - only TaskLog.

So maybe ErrorMode=1 causes forced closing of the document and in some cases the task doesn't complete adequately?
If I set ErrorMode=2, will something change in terms of creating logs?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can maybe trace like,

IF a=b THEN

Trace 'The If condition not met exactly!'

// Same way, you can still call other conditions, an example a=b, What are they?

END IF

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @Vladislav_qv_dev,

Are we talking about Qlik Sense on Prem? If so, if a task fails without creating a reload log, then that would normally indicates a problem in the Qlik environment like low available RAM or disk space, or perhaps it's time for a periodic restart of the services to clean out the caches.

If RAM is the problem then that could be caused by the load script in your app if you don't join two large tables correctly. If you mistype the join key on one table, then you can inadvertently create a cross join, which can easily chew up all your RAM.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
Vladislav_qv_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni, thank you for your answer!

But the problem is that I have to call an error during script execution to prevent further executions of following tasks. And it depends on complex logic that is written before this "a=b", so it cannot be done through standard tools of QMC.

So unfortunately,  "Trace 'The If condition not met exactly!'" is not enough.

Vladislav_qv_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@barnabyd thank you. I'm using QlikView but your description can be right for QlikView as well.
Unfortunately, I cannot influence RAM or disk space and I'm looking for other ways to solve the problem.

marcus_sommer

Make sure that the following configuration is set to 1 within the settings.ini under [Settings 7]:

EnableFlushLog=1

It forces QlikView to write each actions immediately in the log without buffering them which could be lost by errors.