cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcsmithums1
Contributor
Contributor

Aggregating in a specific part of a chart

I have created a bar chart with data that drills down. I am having problems with calculations in that chart. There are two filters, the bigger one is sports and the smaller one is athletes. Given the 5 biggest athletes in a few major sports, I want the chart to show a % of pay each of those athletes gets out of the sum of all 5 athletes.

My current code looks something like this:

Sum(Athletes_money)/sum(total Athletes_money)

This works when a specific sport is chosen, but when no filter is chosen and the bar chart shows all sports separate, the individual athletes money is divided by all of the athletes that are in the filter. Is it possible to make the denominator the total of just the athletes sports grouping instead of all athletes?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Sum(Athletes_money)/sum({<Sports={'athletes'}>}total Athletes_money)

Or 

Sum(Athletes_money)/sum(total <FieldName> Athletes_money)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I agree with Anil, that

Sum(Athletes_money)/sum(total <Sport> Athletes_money)

could  be what you are looking for.

The denominator will be the total Athletes money per sport. Important that the Sport dimension is included in your chart.

mcsmithums1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Definitely helpful and what I was looking for thank you. Now that that data is working in my graph, how can I create a kpi that sums up all of the percentages? This number should be 100% times the number of sports, but it is helpful to me. If I copy and paste this code into a KPI it is giving the wrong number.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Consider this script

LOAD * inline [
ID, Sport, Athletes_money
1,Tennis, 10
2,Tennis, 10
3,Tennis, 10
4,Tennis, 10
5,Fotball, 20
6,Fotball, 20
7,Fotball, 20
8,Fotball, 20
9,Fotball, 20
10,Figure skating, 30
11,Figure skating, 30
];

Then you can calculate the precentage of sport on row level, but aggregate it to the total using sum (aggr()) like this sum(aggr(sum(Athletes_money)/sum(total <Sport> Athletes_money),Sport,ID))

Vegar_0-1714332253543.png