• 149,740 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

Date in the wrong order

After using AutoML to predict weather, I inputted the predicted results and actual temperature table into Qlik Sense. The two are connected by date.  ... Show More

After using AutoML to predict weather, I inputted the predicted results and actual temperature table into Qlik Sense. The two are connected by date. 

Formula of date for predicted weater:  

Date#('202303' & num([automl_row_index]+1,'00'), 'yyyymmdd'), 'yyyy/mm/dd')

Formula of date for actual weater:  

Date( Date#( Year & Num(Month(Date#(Month, 'MMM')),'00') & num(Day,'00') ,'yyyymmddd'), 'yyyy/mm/dd') 

Yet, the dates are sorted like this in the filter pane:

LiquidSword_0-1715121572864.png    

LiquidSword_1-1715121651805.png

it is orderd by day instead of month and then day

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Cloud Data Integration

Using a KPI inside of an Org Chart

Hi - I am using an Org Chart Custom Object from the Qlik Visualization Bundle. I was wondering if I could place a KPI inside the org chart so that cli... Show More

Hi - I am using an Org Chart Custom Object from the Qlik Visualization Bundle. I was wondering if I could place a KPI inside the org chart so that clicking it navigates the user to a different sheet inside of the app. The reason I am asking this is because our org chart is large and I would like to have different divisions on different sheets.

I would like to have the tree look something like this:

President
    |
    v
    CFO
    |
    V

"Click here for Finance Department Org Chart" KPI that navigates to a different sheet

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Cant able to create a common date

Hi everyone  i am creating a Pie chart where i need a common year filter i already tired with Canonical Date data is coming wrong       Show More

Hi everyone 

i am creating a Pie chart where i need a common year filter i already tired with Canonical Date data is coming wrong

ha142000_0-1715118700354.png

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Filter Pivot Table with Button

I currently have a Pivot Table that is displaying the total number of records in different work queues, broken down by their current SLA status (Green... Show More

I currently have a Pivot Table that is displaying the total number of records in different work queues, broken down by their current SLA status (Green, Yellow & Red).  Sample screenshot shown below:

trevorcrow_0-1715116426998.png

What I'm trying to accomplish, if possible, would be to have a couple of Qlik buttons that could perform filtering of what is being displayed on the Pivot Table.  For example, Button 1 could filter out any Queues with zero records.  Button 2 would filter the pivot table to only display queues that have records in a Red SLA status.  Is this possible?  I've tried numerous things that I've found online but haven't found the right answer or example yet.  

Thanks for any assistance that can be given!

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses

SQL Server LOG_BACKUP full

We run Compose on-prem, writing to a SQL Server instance also on-prem. Our DBA has 4-hour backups for all the company's SQL Servers which is supposed ... Show More

We run Compose on-prem, writing to a SQL Server instance also on-prem. Our DBA has 4-hour backups for all the company's SQL Servers which is supposed to truncate the transaction logs for all the databases after doing so. However, the logs for both my test and production data warehouse databases seem to be immune to such truncation:

JacobTews_1-1715115490967.png

Notice in particular the fact that the log for the test data warehouse is actually bigger than the test data warehouse itself!

Any systems-knowledgeable folks out there have any insights?

Is there a setting in Compose that I have inadvertently toggled to cause such behavior?

Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses Qlik Compose 

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Full Outer Join?

Hello everyone, I have two similar tables that I want to do a full outer join on to become one. I want to include all fields from both tables where th... Show More

Hello everyone,

I have two similar tables that I want to do a full outer join on to become one. I want to include all fields from both tables where there is a match and create a column that explains whether the row is on the left table, both tables or right table. I've looked this up both the other questions in the community don't work for me. Example data below.

Server Warehouse:

Warehouse ID Warehouse Name Warehouse Manager Warehouse Description
    WH1 Cleveland_Main John This warehouse stores servers and is managed by John.
    WH2 Richmond-1 Bill Warehouse for servers.
    WH3 WH300 Adam Adam's warehouse.

Database Warehouse:

Warehouse Code Warehouse ID Address Assets Status
    A382 WH1 11125 Third St. 201,362

Active

B392 WHID9 234 Reading Rd. 580,122 Active
    B555 Ware2 8249 Foster Ave. 586,322 Inactive

Expected Outcome:

Warehouse ID Warehouse Name Warehouse Manager Warehouse Description Warehouse Code Address Assets Status Group
    WH1 Cleveland_Main John This warehouse stores servers and is managed by John. A382 11125 Third St. 201,362 Active Server and Database Warehouse
    WH2 Richmond-1 Bill Warehouse for servers.         Server Warehouse
    WH3 WH300 Adam Adam's warehouse.         Server Warehouse
    WHID9       B392 234 Reading Rd. 580,122 Active Database Warehouse
    Ware2       B555 8249 Foster Ave. 586,322 Inactive Database Warehouse

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

iam not getting previous year data

i have tkt_code, amount, cm2, cost of extras like so many columns are there.  recently for new developemnt we have ew materail and materail desc, beca... Show More

i have tkt_code, amount, cm2, cost of extras like so many columns are there.  recently for new developemnt we have ew materail and materail desc, because of each tktcode have have different materail description., suppose one tkt code has 6 materaildesc, i have 6 rows of data for each tktcode, amount, cm2 is also same value repeat 6 time beacuse of 6 rows of tkt code lines. 

previously directly sum(amount) , it will give vlaue, now i will take same formula if will high value, with same values repeted so many times, so that i need to take sum( distinct amount) for each tkt code. iam using below it is working fine.

Sum(Aggr(Only(amount), tkt_code))

i have created mastercalender in data load editor and have period in that have ytd , mtd, qtd,month year. for my ytd is default state always.

iam using below formula. to ytd data

Previously formula before adding materail description using below formula to get cytd and pytd data- both are working fine

sum({1<CYTD ={1}>}amount), sum({1<PYTD ={1}>}amount),

now iam using below below formula

Sum(Aggr(Only({1<CYTD ={1}>} amount), tkt_code)) - working fine

sum({1<PYTD ={1}>}amount)- this formula still works fine, but i should n't use this it will giveworng results, i need  distinct amount of data for each code ticket code.

Sum(Aggr(Only({1<PYTD ={1}>} amount), tkt_code)) - not getting data,

Kindly help me to sort above formula, do i need to do any thing in the backend(dstatload editior) or in front end. i need to distinct sum of amount for each tkt code for previous YTD. iam attaching sample file. Please help me to resolve the issue

@BrunPierre 

Show Less
  • forum

Data Quality, Preparation & Stewardship

Qlik Connect Session: See Practical Data Mastering Demo

Headed to Qlik Connect? Join Guillaume Durand for a demo that will show how Qlik Talend Data Management in Data Rocket can create a Golden Record with... Show More

Headed to Qlik Connect? Join Guillaume Durand for a demo that will show how Qlik Talend Data Management in Data Rocket can create a Golden Record with integrated data sources. Data mastering is too often thought of as expensive or cumbersome process. Data Rocket's automated process leverages Talend and Qlik Sense to provide observability and practical data mastering. Guillaume's session – A Talend Maestro's Take on the Top Opportunities in the New Qlik Talend Stack is June 4 at 11 a.m. Register today! https://www.qlikconnect.com/

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Replicate

Bit type extraction

Hello, Im tring to extract data from one table and I have problems in this process related of one column. The problem is in the DB i have configurated... Show More

Hello, Im tring to extract data from one table and I have problems in this process related of one column. The problem is in the DB i have configurated this table like a Bit but when I extract it, the column arribe in the data lake as a Boolean. This is normal or I can extract like a bit?

Thnaks 

Pau

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Set expression to display previous year December values (with if statement insid...

I want to create a Column 'Equity Previous Year December' to display Equity for the Previous year's December values against the PERIOD_YEAR_MONTH colu... Show More
    I want to create a Column 'Equity Previous Year December' to display Equity for the Previous year's December values against the PERIOD_YEAR_MONTH column ranging from 2023-01 to 2024-03

PERIOD_YEAR_MONTH Equity current period Equity Previous Year December
    2024-03
    2024-02
    2024-01
    2023-12
    2023-11
    --
    --
    2023-01
    2022-12
    --
    --
    --
    --

I tried the set expression below but only the first part of if condition gets evaluated. How can I achieve my goal? 😕 

=Sum({< 
         PERIOD_YEAR = {"$(=If(PERIOD_YEAR = '2024', '2023', '2022'))"}, 
         PERIOD = { '12' }
        >}
    Total Equity current period)

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!