• 149,700 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

Qlik Replicate

calculated field coming null in beforeRecord

We have an application that reads cdc data from IBM DB2 source and writes to kafka target. There is a calculcated field defined for a table in table s... Show More

We have an application that reads cdc data from IBM DB2 source and writes to kafka target. There is a calculcated field defined for a table in table settings. We noticed that that calculated field value is null in target beforeRecord={} dataset but does the expected calculation in record={} dataset. Is this expected behaviour. Is there anyway to force it to calculate in beforeRecord too.

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

need to distinct sum of volume for each ticket

i have tktcode, material and volume, sales, material, i need to sum of distinct volume for each ticket. for same tktcode i have several rows are there... Show More

i have tktcode, material and volume, sales, material, i need to sum of distinct volume for each ticket.

for same tktcode i have several rows are there because material is different , but volume and sales willl be same for each tktcode.

if sum(volume), if will sum of all volume is 80, idealy it should be, volume should 35 ,. , now i need to write to take sum of distinct volume for each ticketcode, if two tktcodes have same volume, it should consider both volumes because tktcodes are different ,. kindly help me to to get sum of distict volume for each tktcode. i need that in kpi. 

if i use sum( distinct volume), if will neglect volume if two different tktcode have same volume.

the formula it should interact with filters like some one slected some tkt codes, the formula should  according to filter selction. it's very urgent kindly help me

tktcode Material Volume Sales materialcost
    1 a 10 20 10
    1 b 10 20 20
    1 c 10 20 30
    2 d 10 30 30
    2 a 10 30 20
    3 e 15 30 23
    3 b 15 30 21
    Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Filter rows with a context value - value is an expression

Goal: build a data filter in context, and use the context value in a talend componant. I use a context to create a filter expression. The value of con... Show More

Goal: build a data filter in context, and use the context value in a talend componant.

I use a context to create a filter expression. The value of context is correctly builded 

When I show the value  

System.out.println( " string : " + context.sSearchExpr ); 

Result : 

string : ( !( input_row.isIntern ) ) && ( !( input_row.isExternalEmail )

Now, how do use my context value in any talend componant( tFilterRow or tJavaRow)

Help me

Thanks.

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Application Automation

QAA backup

Hi all, I am searching for some automated solution how to backup created QAAs, but facing issues like... You can get json definition via API endpoint... Show More

Hi all,

I am searching for some automated solution how to backup created QAAs, but facing issues like...

1. You can get json definition via API endpoint via Qlik CLI, but that json file is not possible be uploaded via Upload Workspace directly in QAA editor. By other words, I cannot upload json file with content of QAA in json format. Automation content would need to be get by Download Workspace option only diretly in QAA editor which cannot be automated...
    2. You can get content of your automations only, not automations owned by someone else. Idea was to back up all the tenant's automation.

Any ideas here? Anyone was facing the same challenge?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Nested IF Else Statement

Hi, Why the script bellow is failling in qlik sense , i'm expecting it returns "Step 1" if 1=1 then    If 1=1 then       Trace Step 1;     else       ... Show More

Hi,

Why the script bellow is failling in qlik sense , i'm expecting it returns "Step 1"

if 1=1 then
        If 1=1 then
          Trace Step 1;
         else
            Trace Step 2;
         End If
    Else
    Trace Step 3;
    End If;

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Talend Studio: Job hierarchy - How do I know if a Job is a Master Job?

Hello everyone, How do I know if a Job is a "Master" Job, meaning it is not being called from any other Job?I'm using Talend Studio and I know there i... Show More

Hello everyone,

How do I know if a Job is a "Master" Job, meaning it is not being called from any other Job?
    I'm using Talend Studio and I know there is an option accessible by right-clicking on a Job to "Open Job Hierarchy". It shows the flow starting from that Job onwards. But it doesn't show if that particular Job is being called by another Job.
    So, my question is: how do I know if a Job I'm looking at is being called by another Job, thus being its child.

Thank you so much.

Rui

Show Less
  • forum

Data Quality, Preparation & Stewardship

Preparation & Stewardship

I have a 7 years experience in Qlik, been around for a while and seen how their product improving, I can say pretty much Qlik provides a solution for ... Show More

I have a 7 years experience in Qlik, been around for a while and seen how their product improving, I can say pretty much Qlik provides a solution for all my organization’s needs.

Looking into the job market, I rarely see any BI job that requires Qlik, and it feels like all my experience isn’t giving me any edge since all jobs require Tableau or Power BI.

What do you guys think about that? Shall I invest in learning from scratch a new tool? And what would it be?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

how to setup data security filters at user level in Qlik sense

Hi ,   I have a requirement  that when a user from a certain country logs into Qliksense and run the app , he should see data related to his country o... Show More

Hi ,

I have a requirement  that when a user from a certain country logs into Qliksense and run the app , he should see data related to his country only. Is this possible within Qliksense? When a user who doesn't have the mapping country executes the app , no data should be returned.

Best Regards

Vamsi

Show Less
  • forum

Integration, Extension & APIs

Conexão Gemini ou Copilot

Caros, bom dia Como consigo conectar o QLIK com Gemini ou Copilot? No momento está somente o gpt e azure gpt.
  • forum

App Development

How to colour bar chart by two different master measures?

I have a bar chart that uses two different bar charts:     And I want to make it so that the two bar charts get coloured by the two different measur... Show More

I have a bar chart that uses two different bar charts:

alespooletto_1-1714740902851.png

alespooletto_0-1714741258611.png

And I want to make it so that the two bar charts get coloured by the two different measures' values, so I made this code to put in the Colour by Expression section:

IF(
        VALUELIST('Availability', 'Availability Aggr.') = 'Availability Aggr.',
        IF(
            [Availability Aggr.] > '99%',
            GREEN(),
            IF(
                [Availability Aggr.] > '89%',
                RGB(255, 165, 0),
                RED()
            )
        ),
        IF(
            VALUELIST('Availability', 'Availability Aggr.') = 'Availability',
            IF(
                [Availability] > '99%',
                GREEN(),
                IF(
                    [Availability] > '89%',
                    RGB(255, 165, 0),
                    RED()
                )
            ),
            BLACK() // Default colour
        )
    )

Unfortunately as you can see, it always takes the default colour. 

I saw in previous posts people suggesting to colour the maste rmeasure by segments within the master measure itself, I tried that but it didn't work as well. 

Can anybody help me solve this ? Thank you!

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!