Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

RFC_COMMUNICATE_FAILURE (to SAP)

Hi!

A customers located in US have an QV Server with an existing QvSAPConnector to the SAP

Now that installation should be moved to Sweden and I'm trying to setup the installation in Sweden. When I'm trying to connect to SAP I received the following error and I'm not shore where the "error is"

Have anyone an idea what could be wrong or what we should check?

The personal that handle the firewall etc says the IP and ports are open correct.

error loading image

21 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Srini,

Can I Know whether you have clustering in SAP Server ?. if you have then you can connect and also extract data with the help of qlikview connector.

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi!

Must tell my case is solved. The problem was the infrastructure. It was not possible to connect the SAP outside the subnet. They change it and move the QlikView Server in SWE to the same subnet and then it works.

I don't understand anything of this but this is an answer from a mail conversation to the SAP hosting partner in the US

"Yes, unfortunately, SAP will only use specific IPs in your case XXX.XX.X.XX. It does not consider anything else that was changed by NAT. In some cases addressing this with netbios name instead of IP will work. Set the RFC with a node name. That way, the IP is resolved via DNS. I had this same issue with another company using 2 SAP servers in 2 different subnets. There were specific RFC calls that the 2 servers were having issues with. At a glance everything works but things like gateway resets, TMS approvals were very unstable. The only fix was placing the servers in the same subnet."