Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalitinmbd
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Odbc read failed in Progress database

Dear All,

I am presently working on progress database and i am facing a problem while extracting the data from db.

When i reload my extraction application at some points in some tables it pops up an error odbc read failed

when i do ok it reloads but some data gets missed. i.e QlikView doesnot pulled all data from db. I have figured

out that there are some fields in those tables due to which this error occurs. when i comment these fields QV

pulls all data from db. I looked into the dump of one table provided by db team and found that the culprit field

has data in it which exceeds the coloumn size. But i cant comment that field as it is required in the reports.

Do any body have any idea how to tackle the situation.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Lalit

21 Replies
Not applicable

I solved this issue by changing the advanced ODBC settings of the progress ODBC. I changed the 'Default Isolation Level' to READ UNCOMMITTED and the 'Fetch Array Size' to 1. This way the batches of records returned by the server are not that big.

Not applicable

For the cases where the error message is something like 'has value exceeding its max length or precision' you can use the substr function in the SQL load statement e.g. for a field that has a max length of CHR(50) the syntax is substr(FIELDNAME,1,50)