Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with Timeline/Gantt Charts expressions

Hey all,

I am currently creating a Gantt chart to display multiple Stage gates (G0,G1,G2,G3,G4,Finish). I essentially am trying to make a separate bar chart for each stage. These fields (G0,G1,G2,G3,G4,Finish) each contain a date in the MM,DD,YYYY format. I am trying to accomplish this by using this expression and manipulating it according to which stage gate I am representing:

date(num(G1)-num(G0))

What is wierd is that the above expression works exactly as I want it to in the first bar chart to display a bar between these two dates (I added a reference line in Red for the start and end dates as well. My static min is date(YearStart(G0)) and static max is date(YearEnd(G1)). However, when I use the same expression on the other gates ie. (date(num(G2)-num(G1))), it is not displaying the correct bar. Here are some pics for your reference:

Gantts.PNG

Exps.PNG

Any ideas what is going wrong? All properties and other settings are identical between all the graphs other than the expression and axes being changed to the appropriate stage gate fields.

Thanks in advance!

Pete

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you also checked the bar offset attribute expressions for all charts, so they reflect the correct stages?

(To open the bar offset attribute expression, press the small plus sign next to the expression label on the top left on the expression tab).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you also checked the bar offset attribute expressions for all charts, so they reflect the correct stages?

(To open the bar offset attribute expression, press the small plus sign next to the expression label on the top left on the expression tab).

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I was just coming back to say that I figured it out. My bar offsets were all at min(G0) from when I copied and pasted the charts. Thank you!