Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make a new field based on string content of other field

I have a field that lists resources for activities.  It lists them like this "Scaffold Builder, IQC" or "Mechanic, QC" or "Insulator, Civil Quality Control"

What I'm saying is I was a new field that will classify each row in my data by resource by looking at the contents of this string for in code style, i want to make a field that looks at each cell in the "resource" field and does this pseudo code

//Instring(ref to string to be searched, term to search for)

if( Instring([resource],"Scaff")) THEN [newresource]="scaff" else if(instring([resource],"Mech") then [newresource]="Mech"

I want to do this to each cell of data, so that the data is generalized instead of mixed in with QC resources.

Thanks for any help,

MZ

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

in Applymap,there is some problem in my scenario.I have a scenario ,in which if I selects Scaff it will show all records which contains scaff,and if I selects mech then it will show all those records which contains mech.But it doesnt show those records which contains sacff also with mech on selection of mech.Please tell me how it can be achieved?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot .

It helped me  also.

Regards ,

Geeta