Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server Memory usage

I'm facing some issues concerning the memory usage of QlikView publisher Enterprise. We have been monitoring our server and the results show that even if we have physical memory available, QlikView uses virtual memory without releasing it. Does anyone know how to manage this?

On the other hand, we know that Qlikview server/publisher Enterprise has a limitation in terms of how many QlikView engines can be created simultaneoulsy, we use to think that this matter was associated to the amount of CPU available in ther sever, but after updating the server we now know that we can only have 9 qlikview engines running at the same time, does anyone know if this will continue or if there is a patch that can enlarge this number?

Thanks to any recomendations.

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I changed on my servers this registery setting as well.

It works without problem.

This is also recommended by Qlikview consultant.

regards

Gülnur

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

Qliktech support has recommended me to make this changes too. But i'm wondering when to do it. Because i'm getting new servers, so should i make this change:

• Before installing OS or after installing OS?
  • Before installing Qlikview or after?

In other hand, i'm wondering what is the meaning of this parameter MaxRequestThreads=16? Is that the number of cores?? should i change it if i have for example 32 cores?