Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renisonc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

What is a Named CAL? What is the difference between User Cal, Usage Cal and Session Cal?

I have read in different posts about Document Cals. Our License now has the information about User Cal, Usage Cal and Session Cal. What do each of these signify? how is a Named Cal different or similar to any of these?

If i take a wild guess,

User Cal is same as Named Cal - which would be assigned to each user on the web server

Usage Cal is same as Document Cal - which would be assigned to each document per user on the web server

Session Cal - Same as user cal? but why is it specified separately then?

Do any of these count if you are not using the qlikview web based authentication but are using NTFS authentication on the server?

Any quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Renison

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The IE Plugin doesn't allow to change documents, rather than, if any, create or modify shared object (with the Enterprise Edition server license).

Document CALs can be checked either looking for a user in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console or selecting the different documents available, a tab "Document CALs" will appear on the right side.

Any user with security permissions granted to modify the file and that has QlikView Desktop installed is able to modify the document. If you want to avoid User CAL assigned users to do that, then you need to add a section access in your document, or make it available only by client (AJAX, Plugin, etc).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable

HI Miguel,

I checked QLikview server license. It has

NUMBER_OF_SESSIONCALS;20;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;180;;

What does that means.. How many concurrent users can work on this system and per user how many sessions are allowed.

To my understanding 180 Named users are allowed and 20 anonymouse users can login. So is that mean that 200 users can work simaltaneously on the system..

Pls guide

Thanks in Adv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tarun,

That means you have 180 users who have dedicated licenses. All of these people can access simultaneously, but it needs to be these specific users.

The 20 session CALs are additional concurrent users, not tied to specific user names. So besides the 180 dedicated users, you can have an additional 20 users on the system at any given time. When one of the concurrent Session CAL users leaves the application, the session CAL will be made available should another user connect.

Hope this explains the license.

Not applicable

That means 200 concurrent users can access the system in best case scenario.

Thanks Johannes Sunden .