Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to read license usage from?

Hi,

I want to create an application for license usage analysis, but I don't know where to read that info from, and I've given up on making the QMS API work. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

74 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

After a successfull test with v11, I tried on v10 then I get this error :

The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded.

To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriat

e binding element.

Exception:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException

Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ThrowMaxReceivedMessageSizeExceeded

()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.GetMessageBuffer()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ReadBufferedMessage(Stream inputStr

eam)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ParseIncomingMessage(Exception& req

uestException)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpCha

nnelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeS

pan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message messag

e, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on

eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim

eout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall

Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req

Msg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa

ta, Int32 type)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.IQMSBackend.GetUserDocuments(Guid qvsID)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.QMSBackendClient.GetUserDocuments(Guid qvsID)

at.♣(QMSBackendClient ☻, Guid ♥)

at ♣.☻(Guid ☻, Boolean ♥)

at ♣.♥(String[] ☻)

at ♣.☻(String[] ☻)

I use the commandeline version, and I also tried the debug version with the same result.

Could you help me on this please ?

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Dirk,

sorry for the delay but right now you can't I have to update the program to be able to use a QMS Server connecting to multiple QVS Servers.

It's on my TODO list (with the management of Usage CALs) but I'm quite busy right now

As a workarround you can install the QMC on the other server for now

Regards,

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Stevens,

It's probably because you have a lot of users/documents, try ths:

Edit QVSCALManager.exe.config (it's a text file so use Notepad for example)

At line 14 replace:

maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536"

with

maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="0" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"

Save and try again, it should work !

By the way, this application won't be updated, I'm currently working on a new version which will be integrated within Qlikview (easier to reload and much better for results analysis )

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Awersome !! thanks for your rapidity.

It's work. I didnt think about edit the .config file.

You're work is really interresting.

Just to understand, how work you're .exe ? Where do you extract license informations ? (in some word, not in details of course).

Thanks again, have a nice day.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, again

I got a new problems.

In a manuel case, I can reload my application (my account is granted about document/user propertie) and I'm in the required windows group.

But when I tried to reload thanks to amdinistration consol, I got an error. XML aren't loaded !

I guess the Execute command crash but why ? I miss something ?

I know that task is lunched with another account (sysbatch in my case). He have the same right as myself. And manually, its work too.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you run the tool from a Qlikview script you need to allow external commands (see Params > User Preferences > Security).

Not applicable
Author

I confirm, it's ok.

Maybe my command line ?

EXECUTE QVSCALManager.exe -LICENSE_CALS -CALS -DOCUMENTS;

Not applicable
Author

Is there a workaround for this to work with .NET4.0? I'm receiving the following error:

3_5_0_0 error.JPG

Thanks, Ben

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Ben

Are you using the QV11+ version ? If so I can recompile this version for NET 4.0.

Regards,

David

Not applicable
Author

David,

Thanks. That would be great. We are running 11.2:

Server version: 11.2011643.0 IR 64-bit Edition (x64)

O/S: Windows 2008/64-bit

Thanks, Ben

Ben Jenkins

Business Intelligence Analyst

TopGolf

P: 214.810.2365