Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD optimized load when field values contain leading zeroes

Hi all --

I apologize if this has been discussed previously, I searched but didn't find anything.

Does anyone know how to do an optimized qvd load if a field contains values with leading zeroes?  Our product SKUs are text fields comprised of numeric strings some of which have leading zeros, for example SKU 13105 is a 1/4" bolt sold in bulk whereas SKU 013105 is the same 1/4" bolt sold in packages of 100.  The issue we're running into is that Qlikview is dropping the leading zero because it's interpretting the value as a number so I've had to use text() in the load script.  This causes the load to not be optimized.  Is there a script setting which would allow me to load the SKU without the transformation and retain that leading zero?

Thanks,

Leigh

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We did do some testing and if you transform the field to text during your load and store the data in a QVD it does retain the leading 0 in version 11.  The previous testing we had done was on v10 and it didn't seem to retain the leading 0. 

Hope that helps!

Leigh

marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

What about optimized loads? Does the text() function make it unoptimized?

Thanks!

Marcelo

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the text() function will cause the load to be unoptimized.  If you can store the transformed data into a QVD, you should be able to drop the text() function and do an optimized load from the stored file.

Not applicable
Author

My issue was  Qlikview loaded the data correctly but export was dropping off the leading zero in .csv Export. The best way so far I found is export it in .txt format instaed of .csv. That resolved my issue.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

There are some more thoughts on optimized QVD loads in this blog post:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-optimised-qvd-loads/

Regards,

Steve

Not applicable
Author

SAME HERE FOR US - The issue is when we load from the QVD the text data type is not retained and the leading zeroes are again dropped.