Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Block chart - number of blocks

Dear QlikView - Community,

lately I have been trying to create a block chart for my data. Everything works fine, I can change all properties with the exception of one:

I can not find a way to set the number of displayed blocks in the chart.

QlikView just shows the 6 biggest blocks and aggregates the remaining ones (block 7 and 😎 to "others".  I want them to be visible though.

The reference manual shows, that in QlikView V.10 such an option existed in the block chart properties. In V. 11 it is not available anymore. (Refer to my attached picture of the two versions, the outlined property in red is what I am looking for.)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Martin

3 Replies
Not applicable

In QV 11 its in dimension limits tab.

Kiran.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hey Kiran,

thank you for your quick reply.

It is true that in the dimension limits tab I can set the max. number of blocks shown. However, in my case there's nothing set in this tab and QlikView still aggregates block 7 & 8. I also tested using limit to the max. 8 blocks but still no change.

It seems as there's an automatic aggregating function if blocks are having a specific small value.

In my case block 7 & 8 account for 0,89 % of the total sum.

Martin

Not applicable

Since the doc in created in 10 and opened in 11 there might be some mismatch. But if you wish to use 11 for current application use dimension limits where mutiple types are allowed, by % , top n records, with/without others block etc.

Kiran Rokkam.