Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to read license usage from?

Hi,

I want to create an application for license usage analysis, but I don't know where to read that info from, and I've given up on making the QMS API work. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

74 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

We were using the GUI version of your code and it worked perfectly, but since we updated our server to the latest build of SR4 we've been having the following error:

QlikView CAL Manager (QV10) - v1.0 BETA © Excelcio 2012

-------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: Server authorization is set to 'NTFS', documents authorizations won't b

e retrieved!

Retrieving allocated CALs...

Whoops! Please contact the developers with the following information:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: documentPreloadMode

Exception:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException

Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRunt

ime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on

eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim

eout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall

Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req

Msg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa

ta, Int32 type)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.IQMSBackend.GetDocumentMetaData(DocumentNode userDocumen

t, DocumentMetaDataScope scope)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.QMSBackendClient.GetDocumentMetaData(DocumentNode userDo

cument, DocumentMetaDataScope scope)

at ☻.♥(QMSBackendClient ☻, Guid ♥)

at.☻(Guid ☻, Boolean ♥)

at.♥(String[] ☻)

at.☻(String[] ☻)

If we use -LICENSE_CALS it doesn´t throw the exception but, it doesn't generate the xml file although it says it does.

What can we do?

Thanks,

Martha

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Martha,

That's strange, it seems to be related to some document preload mode but I've tried all possible options and was not able to reproduce your bug.

Here is a new version which will display each document name while accessing its properties, it will help you to identify the faulty one and check its settings.

Regards,

David

*** for QV10 only - DEBUG version ***

Not applicable
Author

David,

Thank you for your help. Apparently some of the .meta and .share files were corrupted or something, I erased them and the program worked!

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Martha, saved me a lot of time.

Regards

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

I am experiencing similar problem (running but no XML). Which folder did you delete the files ".meta" and ".share"?

Not applicable
Author

The shared folders that you define on the Qlikview folder. From which i understand, all the documents that are accessed in the Qlikview Access Point create files with .meta and .share extensions. These files somehow are related to the tasks page and are messing up.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

I have moved all the .meta and .share extensions to my desktop. But still it is not generating .xml file.

Not applicable
Author

What xml document are you talking about? It doesn't seem to me that you are talking about the same problem that we had. My problem was that i could not access the configuration of the documents, when i clicked a document it showed me a warning. After i deleted the files .shared and .meta it started to work correctly.

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

I downloaded your QVSCALManager_v11_GUI.zip file and while running the QVSCALManager.exe it is genarating an error attached below.

Please suggest how to overcome this error.

I'm using Qlikview11 Desktop app and QlikView11 Server app.

error.JPG

Thanks in advance.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

As explained in the message, you have to create a group 'Qlikview Management API' on your server and add yourself to this group. This is a security to prevent unauthorised access to the QlikView Server config.

David