Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QlikView analysis log file

Please let me know if QlikView the right tool to analysis log files? How to load log files into qlikview if it can do it?

8 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you have a sample of your log file?

Not applicable
Author

I am talking about generic log4j logs. Does it work?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Well other than Google telling me that log4j are Apache logs I know nothing about them. QlikView can be used very effectively to parse log files but without knowing the structure of these it's very difficult to say. Can you post a sample?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QV can load log4j files. I'm not sure it's the best tool for this job, If you just want to analyze counts of INFO/WARNING/ERROR messages in different time periods or isolate certain strings it would be a easy. If you want to do contextual analysis of messages like stack traces then  there are probably better tools built specifically for analyzing log4j logs.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

What it takes for QV to load a log file?

I see that it is straight forward to load xsl, odbc sources. Do I need to write a connector myself to load log file just to play a bit?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's loaded as text (txt) file. Use the Table Files button in the data wizard.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I only have the QlikView Personal Edition.I didn't see the Table Files Button   anywhere. How can I play it a bit?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Huyiguang,

I have a problem similar to yours and wanted to know if it is possible analyze a log file of a portal and would like to use as a tool ClikView. The file has the extension. Log

The format of the log is to Apache and I should extract the information contained in it.

A sample of the file is as follows:

61432c789518088e2c708f122d260f9178b87059 - - [04/Mar/2014:06:25:04 +0100] "GET /page/Stig_Boqvist HTTP/1.1" 200 4561 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Baiduspider/2.0; +http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html)"

445fd14a49ff5469ed4ee51f5a2b6a7f5efea22b - - [04/Mar/2014:06:25:05 +0100] "GET /data/Waldkirchen.jrdf HTTP/1.1" 200 8612 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Baiduspider/2.0; +http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html)"

949d8c5d984bdbb6ca32364d80a4e2469e8a8e25 - - [04/Mar/2014:06:25:06 +0100] "GET /page/Homer_Dickenson HTTP/1.1" 200 4533 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

The information I want to know are:

- Content displayed more

- User agent used to make requests etc.

Basically I should be doing the business intelligence analysis on this log file. Can you help me or give me some suggestions?You can read the contents of the file and parse it directly? Taking for example the dashboard?

Thank you in advance for your reply

greetings

Carlo