Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server failed to set license: QVS@...: Failed to connect server

Hello,

I use a lokal pool-notebook (with Win Vista) and installed there the QlikView Server.

I've set the license firstly for the QlikView Publisher (worked fine) and than I tried to set it for the QlikView Server.

But there I always get the error-message: "Server failed to set license: QVS@...: Failed to connect server"

I used the LEF-content (and requested it again via http://lef1.qliktech.com/manuallef/ ), but it doesn't work - What could I do?

Regards and thanks for feedback and help

10 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Is the "QlikView Server" service running and has a green light in the status page?

Are all services running with a local adm and qlikview administrator account?

Not applicable
Author

QMS is running with a green light

QVS has the status "Unlicensed"

And two ore more services are down (DSC, QDS, QVWS).

What you mean with local admin? The notebook is used with a "normal" user and its not possible to switch to an admin-user.

Thx

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

By local admin I mean a member of the local group "Administrators", if you can't do that then you should talk to your company's tech support and ask them how you can do that.

Not applicable
Author

Okay - But why the Publisher works fine than?

Is there no other way?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There are probably other ways, but you would still need to add some other permissions and things you're probably not able to do with your user.

Not applicable
Author

I fear of that - But I think its not possible to get admin-rights.

Not applicable
Author

So you are complete sure that I in every case need the admin-rights (independent of that QlikView Publisher license-settings worked well without admin-rights)?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

NO.

I'm not complete sure that you need admin rights, I actually believe that you can do that without admin rights BUT you would still need to add several permissions, there is even a document around on how to run services without admin rights.

You won't be able to add those permissions without an admin user.

Not applicable
Author

Ok - I have partial admin-rights (not full) -> What should I do?

Thank you