Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

QVWS separate server

We have a  client that we are configuring your servers. Both QW 11 IR

The server in internal network are working fine. But we want to configure a QVWS in other server.

After the authentication page, the file doesn´t open .QVW´s, only message "No Server".

We want to know how file have the configuration about Qlikview Server, because we configured the server and servername/qlikview is presented and when username and password is verified.

I believe that one file have this string to make this config, but i don´t find.

Anyone have a idea?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry, I have been having major issues getting replies to post.  It sounds like you are close, but you need to be sure in QMC\System\Setup and the QlikView Web Servers you have a QVWS@server resource which points to the actual web server box, and the other important configuration note here is that you need to be sure on the AccessPoint tab settings for the QVWS resource and the Server Connections sub menu, that the 'Name' dropdown is correctly set to your QVS@server resource and not 'LOCAL', as that will not work very well in distributed configuration. 

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You did not say whether you are using the QV Web Server or IIS here, and that would be good to know.  Basically, you have to ensure you have installed the QlikView Settings Service or the QlikView Web Server service along with the Client files components and web pages on the web server machine.  Then you must create the QVWS resource in the QMC to connect to the web server machine, so you can complete the configuration and be sure the web server knows how to get back to the QVServer machine.  Based upon your second paragraph in your post, it seems you may not have configured the QVWS resource in QMC in System\Setup, and once you do that, believe that may get you up and running correctly.  Be sure the service account you used on the QVServer machine is the same one you use on web server machine as well, or you may run into some further issues.  On the web server it would only be running the Settings or Web Server service.  If this does not quite get you there, please provide some further details about your configuration, and I may be able to help you further.

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Brett,

I´m using QVWS, not IIS.

So, if I configured the QVWS in QMC, it will discover the another server with Qlikview Server installed?

Did you do this configuration before? Do you have a checklist used by you? To compare configurations

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry, I have been having major issues getting replies to post.  It sounds like you are close, but you need to be sure in QMC\System\Setup and the QlikView Web Servers you have a QVWS@server resource which points to the actual web server box, and the other important configuration note here is that you need to be sure on the AccessPoint tab settings for the QVWS resource and the Server Connections sub menu, that the 'Name' dropdown is correctly set to your QVS@server resource and not 'LOCAL', as that will not work very well in distributed configuration. 

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee
Author

Is this two servers want to be in Active Directory or can be isolate servers with local users like DMZ and Intranet?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you are doing DMZ, I would recommend you look into using Certificates instead of Accounts, but you can try local accounts, they will have to be the same name and have the same password, and you will have to supply the login on the QVWS resource since it is actually the local account on the other server.  The login tab on the QVWS resource is where you enter things, and it will be MACHINE\USER for the ID from what I recall.  If you decide to do Certificate option, I would wait for SR1 to come out for that.  Oh, you will need to be sure TCP port 4747 is open between DMZ and web server as well, as this is how the web server communicates back to the QVServer using QvsNetRemote dll.  I think that is everything of which I can think, hopefully this helps.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks,

This configuration I didn´t saw. You´re correct.

Att,

Ricardo Gerhard

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable

Hello
as I can make the server where the QVWS contact the server administrator, if there is no manager in the first, thank you very much ...
Greetings

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee
Author

Brett, other question about scenarios.

I´ve 1 server with QVS in my internal network, with Active Directory Integration. I´ve another server in DMZ with QVWS. Both servers are communicating without problems with firewall.

The Qlikview Internal Netword Server have DMS config and Active Directory Integration working fine.

How I config QVWS DMZ Server authentication to use  Active Directory integration and open the documents ?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ricardo, without knowing the full configuration details, I cannot say if my answer is going to make complete sense, but just let me know if my assumptions are incorrect, and I will try to reply again with a further update. So basically, your web server figures out which DSC to use by the QVWS resource settings in the QMC System - Setup - QlikView Web Servers and your QVWS@server resources, you should have two I believe, one for your internal users and the one in the DMZ, so if you go to the DMZ resource and on the right side click on the General tab, you will see a drop-down box there that allows you to select which DSC resource you wish to have the web server use to request lookups etc. In this case, the DMZ web server likely needs to use the DSC on the QVServer machine, as I don't know if the DMZ machine has access to your Active Directory or not, am assuming not. In order for the calls to work, you will need to be sure the DSC TCP port 4730 is open from the DMZ to the internal network as well I believe. Hopefully this is what you needed to know.