Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathjl
Contributor II
Contributor II

Store Command with UNC?

This seems like such a simple thing but I can't figure out how to do this:

I'm trying to store a table as an csv but my script fails at the end:

STORE FactTable INTO Y:\Data\SAP_EXTRACT\DISTRIBUTIONPLANRPT.csv (txt);  << this works

I eventually want to use QV Server/Publisher to reload this automatically, but I don't want to specify my drive.

I tried STORE FactTable INTO \\server1\Data\SAP_EXTRACT\SAP_EXTRACT\DISTRIBUTIONPLANRPT.csv (txt);  but this fails.  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?  Appreciate it!

5 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Jonathjl.

You need to check if the user running QV services have the rights to access this path:

\\server1\Data\SAP_EXTRACT\SAP_EXTRACT

You can check the permissions of this shared folder, or just log in the machine with the same user and try to open it.

As an alternative, depeding on the path of your qvw, you can use a relative path (this might be even better to work from both machines - server and desktop).

The command could be:

STORE FactTable INTO Data\SAP_EXTRACT\SAP_EXTRACT

or

STORE FactTable INTO ..\Data\SAP_EXTRACT\SAP_EXTRACT

Hope this helps,

Erich

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I wonder if you need square brackets around the path.

STORE FactTable INTO [\\server1\Data\SAP_EXTRACT\SAP_EXTRACT\DISTRIBUTIONPLANRPT.csv] (txt);

jonathjl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks erich and gary.

after some testing based on your responses, both reload failed but led me a critical element that I forgot to mention.  I am loading qvds from one server and trying to store a csv on another server.

The qvds reside on server2.  When I enter below, the command below works.

LOAD * FROM FactTable.qvd;

STORE FactTable INTO \\server2\TEST\DISTRIBUTIONPLANRPT.csv (txt);

However, it still fails when I point to another server

STORE FactTable INTO \\server1\TEST\DISTRIBUTIONPLANRPT.csv (txt);

When I specify drive letters, this isn't a problem.  I thought relative path would work but it still fails.   Server/Publisher aside, I can't get this to work on my personal desktop alone.  Any more suggestions?

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Relative path won't work if it's on a different server.  I would check:

- Do you have network connectivity to server1?  You could try a ping or something else.

- Does the service account running Server/Publisher have access to the share?  While logged in as the service account user, try typing \\server1\TEST via start->run.

- Has the service account user been given both share access and file system access to the UNC share?

- Does the service account user have write access to the UNC share?  Needs more than read access obviously.

Not applicable

if the drive is hidden, make sure to include the $ after the drive name, I was having the same issue as you because (in my case) I was neglecting the dollar sign