Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Data model with two similar facts - Please Help!

Hi,

Could anyone look into my issue and provide some inputs. Thanks much in advance for your help.

Curently I've dimensions D1,..D7 and Fact (F1) [Star schema] and I need to bring in another fact F2, which is a subset to the existing F1.

Can I get this keeping the field names same in both F! and F2? Could any one let me know the way to add F2 so that I'll have a star1 as D1..D7 and F1, similarly Star2 as D1-D7 and F2?

I tried using NoConcatinate and it is creating a Synthetic key for all the field existing in F1/F2 as their names are similar. Also I'm getting the error before the load process starts for Fact2 (F2) as below.

SQL##f - SqlState: S0022, Error Code: 904, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00904:

I need some help from you.

Kindly advise if you are aware of any solution for the same.

Thanks -

Sasi

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Sasi

One common approach in those cases would be the concatenation of your fact tables.

I assume that D1 is the same dimension in both Facts and you can create a single start schema around the new Fact

You can have different dimensions in the two parts of the Fact

You can try this:

Fact
Load *, 'Fact1' as FactFlag;

Select D1,D2,D3 ... FROM ...  ;

concanate(Fact)

Load *, 'Fact2' as FactFlag;

Select D2, D3 ... from ... ;

Hope this helps,

Erich

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I just remembered a document that can help:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1882

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable

I am also facing the same issue.

Consolidating/concatenating the facts - will it work for facts which are at different granulaity.

I have Fact F1 and Fact F2 which use the same dimensions

but F1 and F2 are at different grain.

Please suggest.

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm about to try the option given by Erich.Thnaks for your help.

Jeje, if you want you can also check the other solutions from  - http://community.qlik.com/message/198075#198075

Thanks

-Sasi