Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

jmeter: multiple sessions

Hi,

using QVScriptGenTool I realized my jmeter script.

Testing with 50 threads (users), I find in session log a lot of messages like  "Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client". Every thread interrupts started session.

In Qlikview server we have only Named User CALs and Document CALs.

NTFS authorization is required.

Different logins ,added using HTTP Authorization manager, are not used. Only the login of user that run jmeter is used.

Someone launched the script with more contemporary sessions in qv10?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Gary,

Can't you just change authentication scheme from "NTLM" to "Basic" in config.xml for QVWS in your case, instead of installing and configuring IIS?

<HttpAuthentication url="/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx" scheme="Basic" />

Just a thought, never tried it together with jMeter, but that's how I change my QVWS to support Basic auth or Kerberos if required ("Negotiate").

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

20 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I am working on this issue also.  Have you found a solution?

Did you see the document called "GenericTool-BA-how-to-enable-and-disable.docx" in the QVScriptGenTool package?

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion about the document called "GenericTool-BA-how-to-enable-and-disable.docx".

Unfortunately this solution uses dms authorization.

I need ntfs authorization in order to identify qlikview administrator users and launch dynamic update commands.

I tried to modify jmeter in order to add ntlm support (see http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/ntlm.html or http://agilitator.com/blog/?p=987), but without success.

Alex

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Alex -

The environment we wanted to test was using QVWS rather than IIS.  We were trying to use the password mechanism that comes with QVScriptGen.  Our main problem was that when we tried to pass credentials in using the password file, IWA (integrated windows authentication) always intercepted and passed my local logged in account credentials, rather than the accounts we were trying to use in the password file.

Our workaround was to install IIS to run on port 8080, side by side with QVWS, and disable Windows Auth and enable Basic Auth in the IIS config.  This forces a Basic Auth dialog to pop up when you go to AccessPoint, and IWA doesn't intercept.  JMeter has the ability to pass in Basic Auth credentials from the password file, which we utilized.  The Basic Auth users in the password file are real Windows users.  We are still running in NTFS mode.

One more thing - the generated JMX had to be modified in JMeter to enable Basic Auth.  It's only a few steps that need to be done.

Gary

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Gary,

Can't you just change authentication scheme from "NTLM" to "Basic" in config.xml for QVWS in your case, instead of installing and configuring IIS?

<HttpAuthentication url="/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx" scheme="Basic" />

Just a thought, never tried it together with jMeter, but that's how I change my QVWS to support Basic auth or Kerberos if required ("Negotiate").

Cheers,

B

Not applicable
Author

Can we? How would we know? There's no documentation or discussion of this option.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bjorn,

it works fine, even with jmeter.

Alex

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bjorn,

I am also using the Jmeter with Qlikview GUI generator.

Used to get the error

"Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client". Every thread interrupts started session.

But i have changed to use the cookie license in the xml file. And i am not getting the error . But the problem is in the even log it is having the messages Mount, Document Load. It has only the  Ticket Created ,Ticket Found. Also Cpu spent in session log is always zero . And the QliKView user is shown as ${H}. It would be great if you could suggest some solutions.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi brindlogcool,

If the QlikView user is shown as ${H} or ${H1}, it seems that the script expects a file with headers which it does not find. If the "Authorization enabled" checkbox is checked on the Properties tab in the QlikView Script Generator GUI, the script will require a file containing authorization variables.

That file should be defaulted to "..\SupportFiles\usrpwd.txt" so it might be that the file is missing (or folder structure has changed) or no file at all has been specified.

Regards

Scalabilty Center

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Sebastian,

I have rechecked my supportfiles.

There is no change in the folder structure and it is fine.  I have specified the username(without domainname) and  password in the usrpwd file.Do i need to provide with Domain/Username.Also for more clarification QVWS authentication is NTLM. Do i need to change it to Custom Header.