Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Power tools QVS11

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following problem? I want to use the qv-user-manager from the Power Tools package, but I get the following command line error:

C:\QV Powertools\qv-user-manager>qv-user-manager -list CAL

The message with Action 'http://ws.qliktech.com/QMS/10.1/IQMSBackend/GetTimeLimi

tedServiceKey' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mism

atch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatc

h (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatc

h between the sender and the receiver.  Check that sender and receiver have the

same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Messag

e, Transport, None).

I this because I try to run this for a QVS 11? Or is this related to another problem?

Best regards,

Kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kris - it is because the executable that you are running only works with v10 & v9.  We should have a version of Power Tool for v11 in the next release.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kris - it is because the executable that you are running only works with v10 & v9.  We should have a version of Power Tool for v11 in the next release.

Not applicable
Author

I have not seen information about a next release of power tool.

Have you some news about a release of Power Tool, whole compatible with QV 11 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We don't have an official schedule but expect the next release sometime in the next few months.  In terms of compatability, Power Tools may not always work with all currently supported releases but we strive to as a goal.

Not applicable
Author

I think important things are:

1/ the user management by command line with QV11 is very important for simplify administration and be able to update the security dayly as a result of other works, it can be a bad point to migrate from V10 to V11

2/ to list the object and filter them with the Server Object Handler, not only delete them ..

Thank's for the works already available !!

Not applicable
Author

We ran into above errors as well while trying to use the "QlikView user management" command-line tool (part of PowerTools) with QlikView 11. Since we need it we downloaded the source code from github and tried to make the modications necessary for it to work. We succeeded by applying following steps,

1/ open project in Visual Studio 10 Express

2/ refresh QMSBackendService using the address of our QlikView 11 server (localhost:4799/QMS/Service)

3/ change all QMSBackendClient to QMSClient

3/ change all Exception to System.Exception

4/ comment out a non-critical (?) piece of code that references Metadata.Preload which was removed from the API

5/ re-add ServiceEndpointBehavior pieces to config file

6/ rebuild

It works, the binary result is here: http://www.antiflu.dds.nl/qv-user-manager-qv11.zip

I'll commit the source as a branch to GitHub later.

Hope it helps anyone,

-Tom

Not applicable
Author

Did you manage to get the command line works with the remove option ?

With Document Cal and Named Cal, it seems not to take the arguments given

Not applicable
Author

The CAL deletion doesn't take arguments,but finally it's not very difficult to change the code.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, yeah i'm not sure if that was even a feature in the QV10 version?

Anyway here's the modified source so you can fiddle with it. Haven't yet managed to get it into GitHub.

http://www.antiflu.dds.nl/qv-user-manager-qv11-src.zip

Not applicable
Author

I wasn't a feature from the QV10 version : the signature of the function remove didn't take any arguments