Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Formatting numbers in a pivot table

Hi All,

I have a pivot table where each line for the expression called 'Actual'  need to be formatted differently based on the source data.  For example, one set of data that i am pullng in needs to be formatted in % and another set of data needs to fomatted in currency.  In my source excel spreadsheets i have formatted the data as i want it to appear in QV, and in the number formatting settings in the chart properties I have left the setting as expression default. 

What i am getting is all the data appearing as % which doesnt make sense.

Attached is the application.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi skh,

Here i attached your qv file with multiple number format using the expression.

Hope this will helpful you to understand about the format using the expression.

Regards

Ashok

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi SKH,

none of your values make sense as a percentage.  which ones are suppose to be percentage?

I think the solution to your problem is with the Expressions.  take Actual for a start. 

You could use a nested IF statemen like this.

IF(KPIName = 'Pick Accuracy',NUM(sum({$<DataType={'Actual'}>}Value),'##.##%')
IF(KPIName = 'Store Delivery On Time',sum({$<DataType={'Actual'}>}Value)
NUM(sum({$<DataType={'Actual'}>}Value),'##.##')
           )
     )

You could make this even better by adding in another field element at time of load where you identify the value as '%', '#' and so on.  these would indicate the output should be formated as a percentage or number. 

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

John.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi skh,

Here i attached your qv file with multiple number format using the expression.

Hope this will helpful you to understand about the format using the expression.

Regards

Ashok

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Thank you both for your responses.  I would've marked them both as correct but there is only the option to mark one response as correct!  As Ashok's had the example attached, i thought this would be helpful for other too and therefore marked this as correct.  John, i like your side of adding in and additional column to hold the unit of measure.

Regards,

Sunil