Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge meter boundaries

Hi!

I have a gauge meter for "Claims". I would like the meter to be coloured red from our Target level and upwards. Say for example I have currently 8 claims (which the needle is showing) but I'd like the red colouring to start at 10 claims, thereby showing we are currently green with a slight margin until the red area starts.

I've tried by putting Segment 2 with a lower bound of 10 but the gauge meter is not accepting this, instead the whole scale of the meter (1-50) is showing green.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance and Krgds,

Lennart

20 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the sample, it helps in arriving the solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Check attached application.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Below is a snapshot of my Gauge meter…hope that helps you. I would like the red coloring of the meter to start at either a defined number (e.g. 10 Escapes) or if possible, to have it linked to an expression which picks up the Year-to-date Target. This would then show the audience where the threshold is in terms of being above Target, which in this case is bad and hence “red”.

Any support or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks and Krgds,

Lennart

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

I’m afraid I cannot open the application since I’m currently running on the free version I downloaded from Qliktech’s webpage. I’m building an application to present to management to persuade them to invest in real licenses at the moment.

Any chance of you describing what you managed to do? Or insert a picture?

Thanks and Krgds,

Lennart

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the qlikview file.

Regards,

Jagan.

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Hope i understood your Question.

Your Gauge Setting for Min is 0 and Max is 50.

Your Segment 1 --> Lower Bound should start with 0.00 and the color of this is Green.

Your Segment 2 --> Lower Bound Should start with 10 and Color should be Red.

So when your expression returs <= 10 then meter show with in Green area and anything more then 10 would be in red.

Hope i`m clear. Please find the attached image.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

I’m afraid I cannot do that since I’m currently running on the free version downloaded from Qliktech’s webpage. I’m building this application to present to management to persuade them to invest in Qlikview licenses.

Thanks and Krgds,

Lennart

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

You have captured it absolutely correctly….and I’ve done the settings exactly as you have shown in your picture. But my Gauge meter is still only showing the whole scale in green.

Thanks and Krgds,

Lennart

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Ok, last check Is your Gauge Min and Max setting is 0 to 50 or 0 to .5 ? it should be 0 to 50 else you need to change your lower boud of the Segment 2 to .1?

By the way what Jagan was trying to say is, you may not be able to open the document but we have a licensed version of QlikView. So if you could post your sample document, we`ll be able to open and check the application and give you the solution.

Hope i`m clear.

Edit : If you are not able to post the application. Please post the screen shot of the Presentation tab settings and your expressions.

-Sridhar