Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show selection in text box

Hi,

I have a text box to show the selection made on a date field(formatted to show only 'DD').

when I choose many values at the same time I dont get the values on the text box..

Is there anyway to show the starting selection and the end selection.

Also is there anyway to set ristrection on some fields so the user will be able to choose only one value?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

For the restriction, select one value and then enable "always one selected value" in the general tab of the list box.

To get the selected values, use

=GetFieldSelections( DateField )

or to show min and max selected values

='Min: ' & Date(min(DateField))

resp

='Max: ' & Date(max(DateField))

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

For the restriction, select one value and then enable "always one selected value" in the general tab of the list box.

To get the selected values, use

=GetFieldSelections( DateField )

or to show min and max selected values

='Min: ' & Date(min(DateField))

resp

='Max: ' & Date(max(DateField))

Not applicable
Author

For the restriction, I want the user to choose only one value out of several values on that field, by doing the above, the user will see only the value which I selected and saved.

Min and Max didn't show me the min and max of that selected values on that field..

May you please give me more detailed info.

Thank you for your help

Not applicable
Author

Get field selected worked fine though

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just checked, the min and max values should be fine if DateField is of type Date with a numerical representation.

What do you see? Nothing, or unexpected values?

The restriction should also work in a way that the user can change the selection to any other value, but only one value possible, no multiselect.

Could you upload a small sample?

eiconsulting
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I tried and it works, only if you have only DD (I had a month field with only the month) probably you should drop the date function from swuehl advice which is correct. If I select three months I get Feb,Mar, Apr ... as MIN I get the value "2" for February.

='Min: ' & min(DateField)

Federico Sason | Emanuele Briscolini
Not applicable
Author

This one is working.

Thxs,

Not applicable
Author

the min and max are working fine after I dropped the Date at first. ='Min: ' & min(DateField)

The selection: once I select one value and then go to the General Tab and set Only one value. I see only that value and no other values in there.

Thxs:)

Not applicable
Author

Ahh! it is working, I just have set to hide excluded values..now I disabled that it is working.Thxs.