Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 periods comparisow, having only one in the script

Hi,

I am loading quarterly data to QV (Period, containing 03.2010, 06.2010 etc is one of my variables). I would like to create 2 listboxes showing the data from Period dimension I have loaded (lets call them Period1 and Period2), and then - based on users selection for both of them, I would like to see the "Period1 sum / Period2 sum" for some other dimensions (so basically to create index dependant on periods selected).

The issue is that I am loading only one Period with the script , so how can I have 2 listboxes ... this would work probably when I create 2 inline loads with periods and then in my Amount definition will have something like sum(if(Period = Period1, Amount,0) but I do not want to edit those inline loads with the new periods loaded - besides, maybe there is some more elegant solution.

Thaks for your feedback

Robert

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Robert,

You cannot create those two listbox easily. But you can use an slider/calendar object populating variables that will be used in the expressions based on your master date field. Check this application that solves that issue.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for your hint, I don't know if I can use it in my situation. In fact my periods have the following synthax "ACTUAL - 2011.03" (data type, then minus sign then month dot and year) I have only 2 data types ACTUAL and TARGET. So 2 listboxes with those "data type-period" variables sorted by load order (I take care to load them in correct order) would be the best. Using calendar object could be difficult, because my periods are not so in date format...