Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Cross site scripting

Hmm is it just me or can't we reference sub-folders from within our Extensions folder?

This works just fine,

/QvAjaxZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx?public=only&name=Extensions/MyExtensions/myfile.js

But this fails with a access error,

/QvAjaxZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx?public=only&name=Extensions/MyExtensions/_MySubFolder/otherfile.js

If this is correct it sort of ruins the use of any third party framework or plugin framework. Not to mention that we will potentially have tons of files in our extension folder.

Any comments from the community?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You're right, JS files need to be in the site root.  I'm not completely sure why this is, but unfortunately that's how it is.

I think image files can be accessed in subfolders (I've never tried CSS), but yeah JS files have to be in the root.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

You're right, JS files need to be in the site root.  I'm not completely sure why this is, but unfortunately that's how it is.

I think image files can be accessed in subfolders (I've never tried CSS), but yeah JS files have to be in the root.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

Another one for ideas then

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee
Author

lars.bayer pointed out in the beta-forums that if you add/copy your definition.xml to the sub-folder you are able to reference .js files in sub-folders.