Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

alert for scatter chart

hai everyone, and a challenging question to all qlikview experts...

i having scatter chart in my file, in that all defects are placed in it. see below img

now my requirement is placing an "alert" for more defects (i.e; sum(numofdefects) is gretethan 5) then it should an alert message every time when cusor is moved on image spots.

error loading image

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't think it would be a good idea to force the user to put his mouse over each point to see if the defect is greater than 5. A scatterplot is used to see general patterns, so I would use a bar chart see all defects greater than 5 for specific categories in a easy way. Also in the scatterplot, I would color every dot a light color on a white background except for the dots with a defect greater than 5. I would make those dots stand out with an intense color.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

hai karl,

when the cursor placed it should just display alert for where more than 5 defects in same place.

Is there any possible of working like this.

Thnks

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi venkat,

You could add an expression that just appears in the pop-up message. The expression check if the x and y expression are the same and count the number of instances that are the same and if the number of instances is greater than 5, it would insert a 'Alert' text in the pop-up message. Would something like this work for you?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

hi karl,

please can you give me a sample expression for how to create it. Take your own example based on only two fields the expression should work.

Thanks

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

Here's an simple example.

Regards.