• 149,707 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

Integration, Extension & APIs

Qlik Python-SDK

Hi community,  I would like to know if qlik-python-sdk (https://pypi.org/project/qlik-sdk/) is still maintened. Can we contribute to the project, I ne... Show More

Hi community, 

I would like to know if qlik-python-sdk (https://pypi.org/project/qlik-sdk/) is still maintened.

Can we contribute to the project, I need to use dataconnections API and I can extend functionality to handle dataconnections API via this SDK in case but it seems that you used a open api client generator. 

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Split Surname into Middle Last Name

Greetings Experts! The Surname field contains the majority of names but needs to be standardized to follow a consistent naming convention. Generally, ... Show More

Greetings Experts!

The Surname field contains the majority of names but needs to be standardized to follow a consistent naming convention. Generally, the first name is properly formatted, although sometimes the first name is included in the surname field, even though it's captured separately.

Furthermore, the middle name is often missing, and the surname typically holds most of the entries. However, there are occasional inconsistencies within this field, such as titles appearing at the end or unusual characters.

Nonetheless, the primary goal is to separate the surname into middle and last names.

Below is a data sample to provide a clearer understanding. Thanks in advance @marcus_sommer @rwunderlich @or  @steeefan  @MarcoWedel

Load * inline [
    First Name,Surname
    David, David N.O Plies
    Ivan,Ojo-Yaw
    Jim,Jim Jame Jones
    ESTATE,ESTATE OF Mke Peters-Sui
    Theresa,Theresa cols / Henry cols
    O.,O.J Johnson (Mrs.).
    lt. LT. Col Larson
    Duke,Duke L.T.Y
    Reagan,Rita Rosilina Addo ];

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

GC Overhead limit exceeded

I am trying to create a excel file with 1000k records and I am getting this error everytime I run the job   Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOf... Show More

I am trying to create a excel file with 1000k records and I am getting this error everytime I run the job

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    at org.apache.commons.lang.text.StrBuilder.<init>(StrBuilder.java:115)
    at org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.replace(StringUtils.java:3815)
    at org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.replace(StringUtils.java:3771)
    at routines.FileProcessor.process(FileProcessor.java:101)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.tDBInput_2Process(jb_create_excel.java:12371)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.tDBInput_1Process(jb_create_excel.java:9616)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.tJava_4Process(jb_create_excel.java:8872)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.tLoop_1Process(jb_create_excel.java:8558)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.tJava_3Process(jb_create_excel.java:8096)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.runJobInTOS(jb_create_excel.java:21758)
    at fi_528.jb_create_excel_0_31.jb_create_excel.runJob(jb_create_excel.java:20852)

I have increased the xmx parameter to 128gb but still it shows this error. Any other way that I could fix it?

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Talend Studio: Job hierarchy - How do I know if a Job is a Master Job?

Hello everyone, How do I know if a Job is a "Master" Job, meaning it is not being called from any other Job?I'm using Talend Studio and I know there i... Show More

Hello everyone,

How do I know if a Job is a "Master" Job, meaning it is not being called from any other Job?
    I'm using Talend Studio and I know there is an option accessible by right-clicking on a Job to "Open Job Hierarchy". It shows the flow starting from that Job onwards. But it doesn't show if that particular Job is being called by another Job.
    So, my question is: how do I know if a Job I'm looking at is being called by another Job, thus being its child.

Thank you so much.

Rui

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Enterprise Manager

Legend name

Can we change legend name in Qlik charts
  • forum
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Filter pane values disapperaing

Hi All,I am creating 4 different filter panes with 4 different expressions in each. My expressions are as below=Aggr(If(CNLevelOrder < 13, Replace(CNL... Show More

Hi All,

I am creating 4 different filter panes with 4 different expressions in each. My expressions are as below
    =Aggr(If(CNLevelOrder < 13, Replace(CNLevelSelect, 'No. of days', 'Days')), CNLevelSelect)
    =Aggr(If(CNLevelOrder > 13 and CNLevelOrder <29, Replace(CNLevelSelect, 'No. of days', 'Days')), CNLevelSelect)
    =Aggr(If(CNLevelOrder <46 and CNLevelOrder >29, Replace(CNLevelSelect, 'No. of days', 'Days')), CNLevelSelect)
    =Aggr(If(CNLevelOrder >46, Replace(CNLevelSelect, 'No. of days', 'Days')), CNLevelSelect)

My requirement is to select Show CNLevelSelect values in Filterpane with some filtering condition and whatever the field value have No. of days as left characters replace with Days, for example No. of days to request ----Days to request

Bharathi09_0-1714828731526.png

When I am selecting particular value from any filter other filterpanes are not showing anything and more over other data is also not affecting when selecting any value from filterpane

what could be the issue....

It would be so grateful , if anyone helps!!!

Thanks.

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Application Automation

Submit Multiple Rest API's request at a time using One Rest connection of Qlik S...

Hello everyone, I have a practical scenario where i need to extract data using Rest connection for almost 200 API's provided by Oracle Fusion cloud. S... Show More

Hello everyone,

I have a practical scenario where i need to extract data using Rest connection for almost 200 API's provided by Oracle Fusion cloud.

Suppose for every table i need to create a rest api connection which will increase qlik number of connections upto 200 and so on, Is there any smart approach by using which i can send multiple API's request using only single Rest connection of Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense Business Qlik Sense Desktop Qlik REST Connector 

Thanks

Akhtar

Show Less
  • forum

How to create a POST using Raw API Request block

Hi, I am trying to setup this webhook  https://developer.teamwork.com/guides/teamwork-chat-incoming-hooks/post-data-using-incoming-hooks/ Should be qu... Show More

Hi, I am trying to setup this webhook 

https://developer.teamwork.com/guides/teamwork-chat-incoming-hooks/post-data-using-incoming-hooks/

Should be quite simple, Postman works

p_verkooijen_0-1675065047534.png

However I keep getting an error when using it from Automations

Created a test url = https://chat-hooks.eu.teamwork.com/v1/in/460616/fa9b4fce-b643-4ad9-bfd8-46c8ae4083ae

p_verkooijen_1-1675065072730.png

p_verkooijen_2-1675065103976.png

What am I doing wrong?

Show Less
  • forum

RAW Api Block is not working

Hi All, Am trying to get the logs for a application through RAW API block in qlik automation, but when am trying to connect its throwing an error 500,... Show More

Hi All,

Am trying to get the logs for a application through RAW API block in qlik automation, but when am trying to connect its throwing an error 500, if I hit that URL seperately in browser its showing proper result, but its throwing error in qlik automation, could anyone help me to resolve this?

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!