Business Application Research Center (BARC) recently published a report called, "The BI Survey 9-The Customer Verdict." From December 2009 through February 2010, BARC conducted a Web-based survey of 23 BI dashboard vendors' customers. The total sample size was about 2,660 individuals. Enough QlikView customers responded to the survey (n=146) for BARC to calculate all key performance indicators (KPIs) for QlikView reliably.
In this study, QlikView came out as the #1 or #2 BI vendor (in a field of 23 vendors) against four measures:
- Intention to buy more licenses. On this measure, QlikView earned the highest score of all vendors studied. QlikView customers' intent to buy more licenses bodes well for customer satisfaction and our ability to deliver value?and our future prospects!
- Customer loyalty. QlikView came out ahead of the entire pack as measured by customer loyalty. To calculate this aggregated score, BARC combined the standardization preferences, intention to buy more licenses, and renewal rates.
- Fast implementation time. QlikView is typically deployed very quickly?often in a matter of just a few weeks. QlikTech was among leaders in implementations within 3 months and had 85% of customers implemented within 6 months. This is compared to less than 60% for SAP and MicroStrategy.
- Low number of query performance complaints. BARC has found that query performance is the most frequently-reported BI product-related problem. Query performance problems can lead to reduced business benefits and goal achievements. Against this measure, QlikView came out at the head of the pack.
QlikView also came out strong (ranked among the top 5) in a few other areas, including:
- Range (number) of applications customers deployed. QlikView ranked in the top three vendors in terms of number of applications customers deployed using the software. We interpret this score as evidence of QlikView's flexibility and ease of use.
- Importance to the customer when deployed as part of a portfolio. In organizations that have multiple BI products, QlikView tended to be high on the list of BI dashboard products customers deem important.
- Number of applications and business functions per administrator. QlikView was in the top 5 vendors as measured by number of applications per administrator and the top 4 as measured by number of business functions addressed per administrator. The higher the number of apps and business functions per administrator, the lower the cost of ownership.
We hear it time and again: our customers love QlikView, and for good reason. What do you think? Does the BARC survey data ring true for you?